WEZA is a Technology, Art and Culture Startup based in Nairobi, Kenya. Our mission is to empower Africa using games and interactive media. The Startup focusses on creating interactive experiences for Africa that inspire, empower, educate and entertain with the aim of activating the potential of the African gaming market and industry.
We are looking for a 2D Video Game Artist to work with the team on a 2 – 3 months part-time attachment. This is an unpaid opportunity with a possibility of transitioning into a full-time role. The position is open to candidates willing to work remotely
● Creation of graphics and/or interface design for applications and games for all platforms
● Production and design of graphics, animations GUI elements and visual effects.
● Concept art creation and design with a focus on usability.
● Implementation of various artistic styles.
● Close cooperation with Developers, Marketing and User Acquisition team.
● Completed degree in Media Informatics, Design or comparable subject area or Relevant experience 2+ years’ experience in this field or A good portfolio showing your experience with such work. A good portfolio is the minimum requirement.
● Very good knowledge of the programs Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and/or Flash.
● Basic programming or scripting skills are beneficial.
● Knowledge and experience with Character and Environmental art is a big plus
● Knowledge in Unity and Unreal game engines is very beneficial.
● Commitment and ability to work independently as well as in a team.
● Individual with interest in African history and culture, this will be a key point of inspiration in the delivery of the project.
● Good communications skills (spoken and written)
● The attachment will be unpaid with a contract period of 2 – 3 month
● At the end of the contract, there will be a renegotiation of terms between both parties for any future engagements.
● Benefits for such an arrangement will be subject to negotiations depending on individual performance and position fit.
If you are interested, please email your application and covering letter indicating the title of this position in the subject section, the application should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 28th, 2020.
Mzito PressKit: PressKit
YouTube: Mzito Development
Who is Mzito? : Who is mzito?
Who are the Ancient Spirits? : The Ancient Spirits of Africa
What are : The Sleeping Lions?
Home: Mzito Blog Home page
About: Mzito About Page
Contact us: Mzito Contact Page